Monday 6 June 2011

A Century of the Teddy Bear

Any teddy bear designer worth their salt will tell you how important it is to understand the history of the teddy bear and his part in our lives.  So although it isn't a bear crafting manual, I would like to recommend a beautiful history of the teddy bear book, first published in hardback in 1997.

'A Century of the Teddy Bear' by Constance King

I think 'A Century of the Teddy Bear" by Constance King is a very special book indeed.  As the flyleaf says, it "gives us a fascinating insight into the world of Teddy Bears, linked with social history, wartime, royalty and individual owners."  This book not only contains wonderful photographs of bears throughout the decades, it also covers their history incisively and in my humble opinion, is an absolutely fascinating historical insight into the hertitage of our much loved teddy bears!

If you would like a copy of your own, you may strike luck with Amazon.com ... I checked today and there are still a few second hand copies available at reasonable prices.  Having said that, the 'new' copies advertised are very expensive indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.